Sunday, August 21, 2011

The many things im thankful about

In the holy month of Ramadhan the month we work to improve ourselves whilst at it  I realise amongst the many things that I am thankful about are,

Above all I am so very thankful for a very supportive family. Especially the very understanding and supportive parents of mine. Here I am sulking and sad at home through the time i didnt get in llb they didnt once scolded me instead lectured me  and gave me motivation and support. And then thats when i discovered my love of creating things. That was the beginning of me staying up late till the wee hours working on my creations.  All i talk about was my hobby.And again of course my parents didnt look at it as something silly or a waste of time ( i thought they'd think that and be skeptical about me starting a small business selling my creations. ) instead they are very supportive of my hobby which I have turned into my passion. Im not a perfect daughter but for my many imperfections my parents look past that and have constantly showed me their love no matter what situation im in Alhamdulilah. My turn ,my part as daugher : To work on being the best loving daughter to them. I vow to change for the better.

I am so very thankful to have met this person became friends with him for about 1 year plus and then when we both decided to be a couple of lovebirds, who would have thought the challenges that came along with it. Yet again he's not perfect nor am I. His good outweighs the bad.

The moments I would always remember :

*Moment 1*
Me, all ready to go out on our date. As I walk towards his car he gives me "the look". And of course I know "the look" it's his (are you serious?? ) look. The reason: According to him my pants were too see through. I just brushed it off and say its fine.. cant hardly see it unless im in the sunlight..Yet he was so adamant that he doesnt agree with me dressing that way. So ok I went back in change came back out. I didnt at all  felt offended, angry or annoyed by his action that made me change my pants. Instead i felt honoured to have a boyfriend who protects my honour my dignity. So particular and protective that the way I dress he doesnt like it to be too short, too see through. I even felt myself smilling at that moment. I didnt at all for a moment felt he's  being overbearing and controlling. I felt honoured.


 * Moment 2 *
Another memorable moment, so randomly so suddenly he asked me do you pray? See thing is here's the part where it shows my flaws. And he sees it too. I pray but I do at times leave out certain times of prayers. And he starts by gently telling me that I should bring my telekung and put one pair in my car. So wherever i go and especially during class I wont have an excuse not to pray. I came up with another excuse saying I dont like the surau at campus saying it's stuffy and has the damp smell. He doesnt give up there. He said he'll bring me to a place that'll be comfortable for me. The next day he brings me to the mosque. And the days after that seeing as the lunch break is short he meets me after lunching with the guys just to bring me to a different surau which is comfortable for me to pray. Never once did he complain or scolded me saying im so mengade about place to pray pon nak choosy. He is so patient showing me its not that difficult to pray.  And I realise now not to be too particular about places to pray and because of him, he is one of the reason that Alhamdulillah Im  a better person now. I find my peace. 5 times a day.

 * Moment  3*
Another beautiful moment, when he randomly came to meet me and brought 3 beautiful daisies. My favourite flower. For no apparent reason, there was no special occasion , he sure was not using the flowers to pujuk me because of a fight. All the more reason I was so surprised he showed up with flowers.


* Moment 4 *
In a bad fight, I decided I had enough got up and walked out on him. All the time while  I was walking away I thought he was walking away too. But to my surprise there he was, came up from behind to console me and speak calmly to me and  brought me back to my senses and he managed to calm me down.


* Moment 5 *
 In another moment which come to think of it now, at that time i was over reacting. It was me pms-ing I know thats not a good enough reason but it contributed to me over reacting. Merajuk sangat to the point switched off my phone went out  and there was no way for him to contact me or look for me. He somehow managed to ask around  for clues where I was and came looking for me. Just the moment I wanted to stop all this merajuk nonsense and wishing he was there with me  at that exact moment he came from behind. My heart stopped and wondered how did he manage to find me. The look on my face pure happiness just so happy to see him.


* Moment 6 *
Woke up with a nightmare called him and in his grogginess he recites the  ayat qursi and the doa  before going to sleep and he calms me down so i can go back to sleep. And now every night he calls and he recites doa for both of us before we sleep.

* Moment 7 *
He constantly reminds me of the value of money. Seeing as how much I love to shop and drive around just to get a specific item. At times he is my sanity reminding me do I really need it? And at times telling me its okay we dont have to go buy it today we can go another day. And then thankfully we didnt buy it that day because true enough i found something better somewhere else the next day. This has happen many times with him by my side reminding me to look around first or dont buy it just yet. My sanity my constant reminder.


All this have been going through my mind so very often. Hence the reason I am writing about it. And I remember now. When I was growing up I remembered in my prayers I would often pray please God make me meet a person who can guide me and be my leader. And in him (boyfriend of mine) I see those qualities.
Alhamdulilah I am so thankful.



No comments: