Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Silver lining




They say those that are about to get married are at times tested. As orang tua-tua melayu say 'nak bina masjid' and there will be hasutan from syaitan. Hence the arguments that we have are often over silly small things that blow out of proportion. And its madness! Syukur Alhamdulilah often the loving patient fiance of mine will remind me not to be to emotional and my sister will remind me nak bina masjid syaitan will hasut. For bulan Ramadhan although the syaitans are tied but then there is my nafsu to get upset and angry. Also this is for preparations in future.Because after all both of us are humans and we have our weaknesses. Hence my  idea came about. (I pray is a brilliant idea )

Often after silly arguments we sit back and realise it was very silly to argue over little things, each time after it both of us will remind each other (most of the time its the loving fiance practicing his leadership skill reminding me) to always remember to pray, remember to make du'a for guidance and blessings from Allah the All Mighty to ease our journey and transition into our new phase of our lives soon to be husband and wife. Amin Amin Ya Rabbal Alamin.

Apart from that, I also had an idea. Ta daa!! Keeping a note book,to write all the happy moments, all the funny things he does, the thoughtful things he does, the random things he says, just all the wonderful memories and good stuff all to be filled in my note book which i have named the silver lining. So the next time, i hope there wont be anymore silly arguments, but we are both humans and there will be times we argue over silly things and provoke each other. And at that moment when i feel like screaming at him or throwing my bag at him or crying, that will be my que to open my silver lining note book and flip through all the happiness. 

Its so common and normal that when people are angry we only zoom in on the negative things and we lose sight of all the good and happy things. Being human, at that time when im very very very upset emotional and angry is the time when I need to remind myself of all the good things, to remind myself not to lose sight of it just because of  a silly argument between us. 

From time to time I will write all the good things he has said and done. And tonight before im off to bed I've got my night lamp on  and I'm snuggled under my blanket, here I go off to write the good stuff :)

No comments: